Sunday, August 7, 2011

We're Off!

Just a quick post tonight because I really need to pull myself away from blogland and get to bed...our little Casita is all packed and we're leaving for a week of camping at 6:00 a.m. in the morning. We'll be heading up to the Bay of Fundy area in Northeastern Maine and Southwestern New Brunswick. I can't wait!


There's nothing like having blog girlfriends from all over the globe when you're planning a trip. Pamela Gordon, who has a wonderful blog called Playing With My Camera, lives in New Brunswick and took the time to e-mail a full single-spaced page of travel tips and places to visit in her home Province. What a difference it makes to get road trip advice from someone who lives in the area you plan to visit!


The only somewhat creative thing I accomplished today (unless errand running and camper packing can be considered creative endeavors) was to find a spot for the crazy folk art waterwheel thingy I bought at the flea market on Wednesday. If you missed reading about this slightly insane purchase, you can check it out in my this post.

I couldn't find a spot for this "thing" that seemed to make sense until I thought...why not use it for the purpose for which it was intended? So, it is now hanging on the side of the porch under the gutter and above my big pot of annuals. The plan is that rain will run off the gutter, into the waterwheel, and onto my petunias. Just think...if this latest silliness works, I can sit by the pool with a good book instead of dragging my hose around the house on hot days. Now I can't wait for rain to see how this baby actually performs! If it works, I may be on to something...maybe I can sell waterwheels on Etsy and retire early!

So...



With trusty Nikon and not-so-trusty-out-in-the-woods laptop all packed...We're Off!  Can't wait to catch up on all of your blogs when we return.
Happy Trails...

6 comments:

Pamela Gordon said...

Good morning Cheryl! Happy trails to you! Enjoy your vacation! Blessings, Pamela

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

Happy trails, Cheryl! Have a blast! We're having a great trip, so far.

Jenny said...

Oh! Have fun! This sounds like a glorious trip! Glamping makes me envious!

Brenda Pruitt said...

Have fun and be safe!
Brenda

Laurel@ChippingwithCharm said...

Have fun!!! And I love that water wheel thingy...hope it works, maybe I could find a few too :) Laurel

Stickhorsecowgirls said...

Have a safe, wonderful trip! You know we love the "Cowgirl Up" pillow! Stickhorse Cowgirl C.